Cell Phones You Can't Have ... Yet

amf1932

Not going to have them period if we don't abolish blacklisting ESNs. Too many free features the companies can't profit off of. Or if we do get them half of that will be shut off.

I find the article pretty naiive, the reason Americans don't exploit the internet on thepir phones is because it comes to us detuned. Companies disable the DUN (dial up networking) functions so we can't use our phones as portals for our laptops without buying expensive cables and paying insane usage fees. The reason we don't have these technologies is not that America doesn't want them, its that Americans aren't allowed to have them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, that 650 rules if you are in the US. Want something better -- you MUST pay big bucks and maybe even more to have it unlocked so you can use it and features that are normally locked away from us like children.

Anyway -- want a new and better phone than what your provider offers? I use Sprint and they are certainly behind the 8-ball when it comes to offering phones I want so I buy it overseas.

Try: www.gsmarena.com and if you use Sprint, you more than likely will need a quad band phone because they operate on the 850 band and most others use 900 or 1900. With a quad band you can operate the phone on all the aforementioned bands -- just change the chip and bingo. I love it, bet you will too.......:lol:

you MUST pay big bucks and maybe even more to have it unlocked

not 100% true. If you call Cingular up (some people get it right away, some don't), they would give you your unlock code. Now sometimes it depends on the person you talk to. I had mine unlocked on the second call. Once they ask for the IMEI number, then chances are they MIGHT give you your unlock code so you can use it in other countries or other cell companies.