Squeaky Front Suspension

kshgl87

I have a 91 ls400 w/ 145k miles and it seems like something in my front suspension is making noise like a squeak. I really dont know a ton about suspension but anyways whenever i leave my driveway and the front drops down the sloped curb i can hear a loud squeak, this also happens when i hit large dips or inclines in the road. Can anyone help me out and tell me what this is, its not a huge deal I'd just like to find out what it is and maybe fix it. thanx

i'm dealing with the same thing on my 95 with 95k miles on it. I've replaced the front strut rods and lower ball joints in hoping to kill that noise. Do you have vibration issues up front as well? For me, I'm thinking it's the shocks in general that are shot. The car feels more and more like a boat these days.

+1 on that. In regards to expense, it depends on which control arm is having the problem, but usually lower control arms squeak and upper control arms clunk (not always). Of course, cheap is relative as well - with lower control arms coming in at ~$200 and uppers ~$300 depending on your source.

I haven't found anyplace that sells replacement bushings yet. Replacing only the bushings would require a machine shop to press out the old and press in the new.

i was just refering to the bushings alone........not any other components......they are "relatively" inexpensive.....

BTW, you do not need a machine shop to press them in.......there are many ways to DIY the bushings in and out..........ie......cut, heat to get them out.......you can use a rigid C-clamp or equivelant and plenty of grease to press them in

its just amounts to how much time and or money you have, and/or willing to spend