Luxury Lover's Manifesto

jvcn

After a weekend spent in bed and arguing over the phone with a friend who is enamored of "sporty" autos. I wrote the following:

THE LEXUS LS LUXURY-LOVER’S MANIFESTO

1. There is only one true Lexus – the LS. Thou shalt not have false models before me.

2. The car’s design shall never call attention to itself. Thou shalt not have false pride. A ten-year old Lexus should look as elegant as a new one on the dealer’s lot.

3. Absolute power corrupts. Use power wisely. The LS shall not be a race car. Its power is to be concealed at all times, unless needed to punish insolent racer-boys on the freeway. The condemned will have to spend a life time modifying Honda Civics.

4. Thou shalt not have bling. Air foils, racing stripes, spinning wheels, and huge exhaust pipes are for lesser creatures of the earth. These shall wander the halls of SEMA searching the brass ring that does not tarnish.

5. The suspension shall not be harsh. Those trying to combine sport and luxury in the same sentence must visit their local German repair service twice a week for eternity whilst sitting on an unpadded metal seat in the waiting room.

6. The stereo shall not boom. Mark Levinson is the only apostle of the high end in car land. Only he who has heard the light in home stereo shall find peace on the audio highway. Adding subwoofers will cause your rear to rot and fall off. Nakamichi was a false prophet who has entered into league with the devils of Circuit City.

7. Thou shalt always speak in a moderate tone of voice. If you must shout to be heard, you have entered the wrong car and are doomed to wander the freeways seeking an off ramp. Noise is for preschool.

8. Leather shall be as supple as the finest butter. All else shall crack and fade away with time.

9. Thou shalt not have false colors on me. No chrome yellow, burnt orange, bright purple, or pale lavender are permissible. The LS is not a Beetle.

10. The Zen of luxury. The ultimate car is no car. One that responds to every wish, is transparent, and falls away with the ride as if on a magic carpet that hovers above the ground.

1.  There is only one true Lexus – the LS.  Thou shalt not have false models before me.

I agree with all of it (very funny BTW lol) but this. The LS may be the best Lexus, but its not the only Lexus. My ES is a wonderful car, rides great, almost as silently and smoothly as the LS (you'd be shocked how close actually), the SC is an amazing convertible touring car, the GS has a very wide following. I think every model Lexus makes is a great car.

3. Absolute power corrupts. Use power wisely. The LS shall not be a race car. Its power is to be concealed at all times, unless needed to punish insolent racer-boys on the freeway. The condemned will have to spend a life time modifying Honda Civics.
ahh hmm not soo cool with number 3 funny about the civics but concealed at all times?? i prefer to let people know theres a silent beast locked behind the L, and not to underesimate me... but everythign else 2 thumbs up