Air Conditioner Is Smell... ...

dickholy

whenever i open the heat, the hot air with smells just come out through the air conditioner. is there any way to solve this? i heard to replace the air filter, is that the only way?:chairshot:

Do a search on this website. This problem has been discussed fully many times.

The same situation happened to me too on my 02 ES300. Whenever I turned on the a/c i could smell something terrible from the vents. Bring the car to the dealer ....and ask them to replace the cabin filters. The cabin filters are behind the dashboard...behind the glovebox. The mechanics will just take apart the glovebox and replace the filter. After that ...my car never made any smelly odor when i turned on the air vents. Sounds complicated...but it only took the dealer about an hour to do the job.

The same situation happened to me too on my 02 ES300.  Whenever I turned on the a/c i could smell something terrible from the vents.  Bring the car to the dealer ....and ask them to replace the cabin filters.  The cabin filters are behind the dashboard...behind the glovebox.  The mechanics will just take apart the glovebox and replace the filter.  After that ...my car never made any smelly odor when i turned on the air vents.  Sounds complicated...but it only took the dealer about an hour to do the job.

If you have the dealer do this fairly simple job it'll cost a small fortune. Check the price before doing this so you don't go into shock. ;)

If you do replace the cabin filters by yourself, there is actually a section in your owner's manual on how to do it. There is also a thread on this very recently too and it has a lot of pictures and instructions on how to replace the cabin filter.