Lexus Ls430 & Bluetooth Question

dssxxxx

I have paired the v710 (Verizon) and the Lexus.

It mutes the radio and auto answers the phone. OK...great so far.

I have heard that you can load the phone numbers one at a time.

Is this possible and how?

If it is not possible, how do you put phone numbers in the phone system on the Lexus?

I just can't figure it out. I am willing to manually put in one number and name at a time, but cannot figure out how????

Thanks.

H

Nope, this is not possible with the Verizon V710. Verizon deactivated the Bluetooth file transfer functions of their bluetooth phones so that people have to use their pay per use services to transfer pictures and files. Its a totally underhanded business practice but they did it, currently Lexus, BMW, and Acura are suing them and there is a class action lawsuit in CA pending. My fiance and I have a Prius with the Bluetooth and I paid $700 for two V710s and Verizon service and we got screwed because they don't work. I'm going to pay the $350 cancellation fee next month and go back to Cingular.

Without the bluetooth file transfer you cannot make calls while moving from the car because the only way to enter phone numbers is by transferring them from the phone. You can still dial calls and if you make calls from the phone they will work through the car's system, but you wont be able to set up the car's phonebook with the V710 or any bluetooth phone from Verizon or Sprint.

The phone also doesn't reliably sync with the car either, somnetimes it just won't transfer calls through. Its not only supposed to mute the radio its supposed to ring, and its supposed to show battery and signal stregnth on the screen, niether of which works because of Verizon crippling the bluetooth on the phone.

So, no phonebook transfer, no ring, and no signal stregnth. All you can do is use a bluetooth earpiece.

Beware that Sprint does this too, their LG Bluetooth phone doesn't support file transfers either. SO if you want a Bluetooth phone to work with the Lexus it has to be from Cingular or T Mobile because they're the only nationwide carriers that don't cripple their bluetooth phones to cheat their customers.

The Sprint Sony Ericsson T608 works with the 2004 LS 430 Bluetooth system, except that the car's audio system will not signal an incoming call - it does mute for incoming calls. The phone still rings, and phone book transfers fine.

http://www.t608.com/

Perhaps one could use a laptop, Outlook's contacts, and Linksys Bluetooth adapter to upload phonebook entries to the Lexus system?

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.as...cid=38&prid=581

Yes, if you can get something to link up phonebooks then you can use whatever phonebook is in the car to dial the phone. A PDA or something like that maybe.

Its common that phones ring and not the system for some reason, the V710 doesn't ring at all, not even the phone.

One of the problems is the LS430 only permits 18 telphone numbers in its memory, and they must be loaded one at a time! The Bluetooth phonenumber screen can be brought up by clicking the lower "Voice button" on the left of the steering wheel. There was also a great story done on the Lexus Bluetooth problems at:

http://www.techworthy.com/Laptop/June2004/...-Test-Drive.htm

Not entirely true - the 18 numbers are the ones you can have in the "One Touch" section of memory. You can access these while in motion. I have about 75 entries in my phone book and transfered them in about 15 seconds with my Sony T637. The rest of the numbers can be accessed via the phone book on the screen but only while the car is stopped. So far I'm happy with the Bluetooth function and it will likely get better with each iteration.

Well............found out that you can dial a number (when stopped) and then talk HF and then when stopped again.....activate one touch and enter the last number dialed into the one touch phone book (about 16 entries).

Have to have a great memory and/or write down the names that correspond with the one touch numbers.

Anybody know how to label the one touch entries??

Thanks.

H

Not entirely true - the 18 numbers are the ones you can have in the "One Touch" section of memory.  You can access these while in motion.  I have about 75 entries in my phone book and transfered them in about 15 seconds with my Sony T637.  The rest of the numbers can be accessed via the phone book on the screen but only while the car is stopped.  So far I'm happy with the Bluetooth function and it will likely get better with each iteration.

Flint: How does your SonyT637 work with the LS430, I was considering it and then I saw a posting on CNET stating that it worked very slow??

Ranger2692

Ranger - The Sony works well. Radio mutes on incoming calls, transfers the whole phone book to the car, signal strength meter shows. Most of the stuff BlueTooth promises. The one issue, and I don't think it's limited to this phone, is when you dial a number on your cell phone and then hit CALL/SEND, it takes a while for it to come out of the car speaker - sometimes after the person has picked up and said hello. This is for numbers NOT in the 18 one-touch slots. Those work fine and the rest work fine when dialed from the touch screen while stopped. Not perfect but so far so good.

I am hoping for a good flip phone that works as well - I just like the protection a flip offers. I've had the Sony since Nov. and scratched the heck out of the screen. Cingular coverage here in the Chicago area seems better than my old AT&T setup.

Bruce