Service And Warranty

I recently bought a 2000ES with 23K(Kilometres in Canada). I have almost 2 and a half years left for full lexus warranty from dealer. Do I have to have service at lexus dealer in order to keep Canadian lexus warranty? The dealer is a joint lexus/ toyota dealership(Scarborough.

If not necessary, any suggestions from Toronto area folk for someone who gives good service and is cheaper than lexus. They want $275.Cdn plus tax for what I consider to be minor stuff, such as fluid changes, etc.

Thanks.

If lexus/toyota in Canada is similar to here in the US, they will honor the warranty if you can provide proof that the factory suggested maint. procedures were done. In other words, save all your receipts.

Steve

I was wondering about this. On my previous '94ES I did all the Oil and Filter changes myself. I didn't do this to be cheap but I did it properly and with care. Years ago I was an auto mechanic so it was a very simple procedure to do.

Now the question: Did I void my Warranty by doing it myself because I never kept the receipts for the oil or filters?

Alan

As well as logging it into my suppl. owners manual, I keep the receipts tucked away. However, anyone knows that store receipts don't always mean the oil and filter where in fact replaced, they just mean they were bought. Receipts from Jiffy Lube and Quik-Change oil shops are totally acceptable.

I make it a habit of writing the mileage and date of the change on the side of the oil filter with a sharpie, just as a visual to the lexus dealership when they go to do a major service they will see it. My dealership told me they have no problem with this.

As for nonroutine maintanence parts, I think it is stated in the manual that replacement parts must be lexus/toyota certified. But if it is under warranty, you are going to take it to Lexus/Toyota, right?

I do understand the apprehensions about it though. You would not want anything to go wrong and then have to argue that the scheduled maint. was done. When in doubt, read the warranty and ask questions of the dealership you frequent.

Steve