Installing Cd Player

Red

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and also to being a Lexus Owner. I have a 92 ES300 and just bought a new mp3 player to replace the stock tape/radio deck. Having already bought the new radio, I have done some researching and have some questions and doubts. I am not sure if this has already been extensively covered in previous topic/posting, so if it has, can someone send me a link to it?

Through another person's post, it seems that if i replace the deck, I might have trouble with the receivers and the amp that is in the new deck. Is this true, or am I not understanding this corrrectly? Also, if it is fairly simple to install, does anyone know of a manual or tutorial avaliable on the net that shows steps on how to take out the old deck and install the new one (and hopefully provide pics with it). It seems that if I get it professionally installed, it will cost even more than what I paid for the cd player.

Thanks for any advice.

-Red

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and also to being a Lexus Owner.  I have a 92 ES300 and just bought a new mp3 player to replace the stock tape/radio deck.  Having already bought the new radio, I have done some researching and have some questions and doubts.  I am not sure if this has already been extensively covered in previous topic/posting, so if it has, can someone send me a link to it? 

Through another person's post, it seems that if i replace the deck, I might have trouble with the receivers and the amp that is in the new deck.  Is this true, or am I not understanding this corrrectly?  Also, if it is fairly simple to install, does anyone know of a manual or tutorial avaliable on the net that shows steps on how to take out the old deck and install the new one (and hopefully provide pics with it).  It seems that if I get it professionally installed, it will cost even more than what I paid for the cd player. 

Thanks for any advice.

-Red

It is my opinion that you should have researched this topic before you purchased a replacement HU.

dcfish-great input, seemed to be a lot of help............

Red- Have you searched google or any of the other search engines for it? I remember when I had a maxima i was able to find a website that had step-by-step instructions with pictures on how to remove/install the HU. I'll keep searching and let you know if I find anything.... Good luck!

dcfish-great input, seemed to be a lot of help............

Red- Have you searched google or any of the other search engines for it? I remember when I had a maxima i was able to find a website that had step-by-step instructions with pictures on how to remove/install the HU. I'll keep searching and let you know if I find anything.... Good luck!

I was pointing out that if he would have done his homework that he could have avoided his first post on this subject altogether and by now he could be up and running instead of seeking info after he purchased a player that he doesn't even know if it will ever work with his lex. There is a huge amount of information on installing aftermarket players in these forums. ;)