05 330 Wind Noise

Ajlift

I really am enjoying my new 05 Rx330. I was wondering about a sound that occurs only at faster speed>65-75mph. It sounds like an air/wind sound in the vehicle's rear. Almost as if there was a window partially open. The windows are closed. I thoght it could have been wind noise against the adjustable right rear antenna, but no change occured after flattening it. I also tried to adjust the position of the roof rack bars with no change.

Maybe it is just a normal aerodynamic noise of wind against the luggage rack?

The vehicle is so tight and quiet normally that this really stands out.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Hi,

I am experiencing the same thing on my 1999 I just bought, your right it does stick out with this being a such a quite car. Not good to hear that the 05 still has this, no bummer entended.

I am thinking about removing the racks all together and see what happens.

You really would have thought that after all this time they would have corrected that.

I saw a couple of RX 300 around town with there racks put together towards the center of the top......wonder if they are doing it for a reason :D

I will post my findings.

On getting my new 05 RX last November I noticed the wind noise. I removed the two cross pieces from the roof rails. My opinion is that it cut down the wind noise considerably and helped the car be more aerodynamic as well.

If need be they can be reinstalled in just a few minutes.

:rolleyes:

On getting my new 05 RX last November I noticed the wind noise.  I removed the two cross pieces from the roof rails.  My opinion is that it cut down the wind noise considerably and helped the car be more aerodynamic as well.

If need be they can be reinstalled in just a few minutes.

:rolleyes:

I think I want to call it "wind turbulance" vs wind noise....wind noise usually refers to wind noise coming through window seals and such.

Well I took mine off this morning and took to work at speeds of 65 -75...... no change whatsoever :angry:

I now beleive it is the rear spolier design on the 99's, the spolier is slopped down from the top.....almost as if it were an "air-scoop" oposed to a spolier.........

On the 2000's the spolier goes straight out.....looks cooler also if you ask me :P

not sure if there is anything I can do about.......can be irritating at times.

This is the one disappointment I have discovered on this suv :unsure: