Sensor

amores723

is the b2 s2 sensor the catylytic itself because i removed the cat. and put a test pipe and yesterday i took it to lexus and they said they replaced the b2 s2 sensor , do you tihnk the replaced the cat. or did they just stuff the sensor there? my car is running much quieter. i want it loud

is the b2 s2 sensor the catylytic itself because i removed the cat. and put a test pipe and yesterday i took it to lexus and they said they replaced the b2 s2 sensor , do you tihnk the replaced the cat. or did they just stuff the sensor there? my car is running much quieter. i want it loud

You removed the cat and then you took the car to the Lexus shop? I'd be surprised if they'd even work on the exhaust system in that condition. Were you getting CEL's?

b2 s2 is the sensor after the cat which checks the cat is working correctly.

You removed...nevermind. There are 3 cats on the IS. Two in the header pipe one for bank1(#1-3) one for bank2(4-6), and a sub cat under the car halfway down the intermediate pipe. This is probably the one you removed. There is no O2 sensor to check performace on the last cat. The first 2 sensors (B1S1/B2S1) feedback voltage the ECU interperates as rich or lean and adjusts fuel trim accordingly. The next two sensors monitor strorage capacity of the front cats. When a front cat dies or is tampered with you will get SES P0420/p0430. That's one of the funny things about our society...they make you wait 5 days for a handgun, but will sell a car to anyone.