Rx330 Break Light Recall

ky1980

I recently got a recall on my '04 RX330 regarding the break lights. I took it to the dealer and they said its fixed. 2 weeks after that my break lights quit working. I took it in again this morning and they said they will have to replace the break light fuse and put a break booster on my break pedal coz it does not feel right. Does anyone know what a break booster is? Did anyone have any issues after the recall? This is sad that my car is having issues already, it's not even been a year since I got it !!

Thanks !

When we owned our 98/99 RX 300, it had about three recalls. My 98 GS 300 had two. I seem to remember each time they went into the dealer for recall fix, the cars were returned with a full tank of gas from Lexus. We also got checks in the mail from Lexus for about $50 for each trip. The 2000 GS 400 and the 01 RX did not have recalls that I remember.

I recently got a recall on my '04 RX330 regarding the break lights. I took it to the dealer and they said its fixed. 2 weeks after that my break lights quit working. I took it in again this morning and they said they will have to replace the break light fuse and put a break booster on my break pedal coz it does not feel right. Does anyone know what a break booster is? Did anyone have any issues after the recall? This is sad that my car is having issues already, it's not even been a year since I got it !!

Thanks !

[/quot

I had problems with the brake booster. It is the part that gives vacum to your brakes. Read the postings under "Brake pedal locked" on this forum. There is a long list of people (including myself) with this serious problem.

Thanks all for the response. I just got my car back with the booster and the break light fixed. They said my break pedal felt loose, hence the booster ( hopefully it won't get stuck) and the break light had a loose connection.

One can never tell if the dealer is bluffing or if it's for real !!

But I got a car wash n a vaccum out of it :) I did get a gas fill up last time when I went for the actual recall !!!