02 Rx300

RsWr8499

Im 16 and picked up a black 2002 RX300 at a car auction about 2 months ago and i love it but was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of the mirrorish tint on the rear windows or would i need new clear windows to put limo tint in the back and if so where could i get those also what are the biggest size rims that will fit on the RX ive been told that nothign bigger then 18s will fit but ive also heard 20s will fit would it be possible to fit 22's with a very low profile tire or would it rub alot and not fit under the strut bar in the rear thanks in advance

the mirror finish on the rear windows is perminant. You would need to get replacement window glass for the rear doors and talegate. I am not even sure if you could buy them anywhere...also it's probably going to be verrryyyyy costly...they would have to be custom made for you by a window factory? does anyone know of another alternitive? Using limo tint film wouldn't work because that usually goes on the inside for the best adhesion to the glass. If you put it on the inside, from the outside would still appear mirored.

and for the rims, i think 20's could fit with a little cusomization on the underside of the wheel rims. The whole car would need to be placed higher off the ground as well (dah). I looked at my 2003 rx (same as the 02) and it looks as if it can be possible. I really doubt 22's...

also tell me a little more about your rx..is it silversport? have you done any other customizing on it?

no its not the silversport just a regular its got all the woodgrain and im plaining on puttin a 15" adire brahma in soon and getting a set of 20" diablo viennas and trying to do something with the tint i hate having people being able to see what everyone in my cars doing so i might just match the front id also like to get a dual exhaust and air intake to open the engine up a little bit thanks for all your help if you have any suggestions on what i should do im open to new ideas

yeah the tint on the rear windows doesn't exactly act as any sort of tinting device unless it's bright and sunny outside. when it's cloudy you can see right in. The morror tint only allows privacy when there is bright sun to reflect on. I don't even know why the rx300 has that tint. It only loks good in my opinion on a blue or gold. Any other color it doesn't look that great in sun. The only other car i've seen the mirror tint on is a nissan pathfinder. It looks really ugly on that one too...

They should have made some rx's with the mirror tint and others without, it to suit everyones needs...