Motor Help...

Nimski62

Well, technically it will, but i would advise against it. Its a good motor with great torque, but its going to be a maintainance issue with the headgasket problems that they face, not to mention the wiring issues involved. It would be alot easier to swap in a GTE from the JZ series or just get a turbo kit for your car as it is now. Theres alot of people making great power on those kits also

It would work. 7m is a good motor if it is worked right. Headgasket issues are easily taken care of with better studs and a little more torque. But, I would not put one in the SC. You could rebuild your 2jz and turbo it big. Or turbo it now provided everything else is in working order. Best engine ever...

i know awj is in favor of turbo the ge motors. i did a swap with the gte and it's ridiculously powerful. swap wasnt hard to do at all also.

rebuilding a motor before turbo-ing it may be a good idea, or you wont be able to boost so high. but just make sure u have someone who knows what theyr doing to rebuild your motor.

I've not seen a car better put together...  electrical connectors break, pads wear, bushings/joints, suspension...

replace it...  it will be the best car you've ever had...