5 Speed 93 Es300 Any Good For $3k?

Gumart1

Hello Everyone - I've been looking at the ES300 for awhile and have the opportunity to pick up a very clean 93' with 164k miles. It is a one owner and I am aware of the common issues with this model. What makes this particular one unique is that it is a 5 speed. Are there any owners out there with 5 speeds, and how do you enjoy the car with the manual transmission? I know the automatic shifts smooth and strong, but I'd love some feedback on the 5spd. This is a "bare bones" model, it does not even have leather but the fabric looks practically new! No heated seats or moonroof but it does have the cd changer. It was well maintained, body looks excellent, and the clutch was recently replaced. Timing belt was done as well as regular maintenance. Clean Carfax history. Obviously this particular one is a "basic" luxury car, and I have the chance to buy it for $3,000. Any feedback is appeciated. Thanks.

Hello Everyone - I've been looking at the ES300 for awhile and have the opportunity to pick up a very clean 93' with 164k miles. It is a one owner and I am aware of the common issues with this model. What makes this particular one unique is that it is a 5 speed. Are there any owners out there with 5 speeds, and how do you enjoy the car with the manual transmission? I know the automatic shifts smooth and strong, but I'd love some feedback on the 5spd. This is a "bare bones" model, it does not even have leather but the fabric looks practically new! No heated seats or moonroof but it does have the cd changer. It was well maintained, body looks excellent, and the clutch was recently replaced. Timing belt was done as well as regular maintenance. Clean Carfax history. Obviously this particular one is a "basic" luxury car, and I have the chance to buy it for $3,000. Any feedback is appeciated. Thanks.

i would go for it! rare find, and the neat thing is, those cloth seats can be swapped out with leather oens from the same model, and you can sell the cloth ones on ebay, beleive me, especailly here in the south, there are plenty of people who hate leather with a passion!!!

as for the sunroof option, the wiring is there, so you can have an aftermarket one installed if you really want one. i personally prefer cars that have them, but i wish mine had a tilt and tilt and slide option rather than receding back into the roof. but i can live with it.

3 grand with the maintance already done is a good price if you like it

just get a compression test ot make sure the heads and block are good

i agree, all issues of luxury items are easily fixed. the seats, as i said can be swapped in. it has wood trim, all lexi do. the cd changer it already has, about the only option you wont have is the moonroof, which i already adressed. the heated seats are even easy if you swap a set of heated leather seats in, the slots are already there for the switches, as is the wiring im sure, all you have to do is find the switches and connect them!

I love my 5 speed. :cheers: I like how smooth it is. I have had other 5 speeds and they were not as smooth as my ES is. Anyone who has drove it says the same thing. I am very happy with my ES! ;) I love owning a 5 speed. Sometimes i can get annoyed when i am stuck in traffic. It don't always bother me just when i been driving all day and i am really tired and i just want to chill. :blink: Right now i prefer owning a manual over an automatic so when i do get annoyed i just think of that. ;) :)

Army,

Don't your sunroof do both (tilt and recede back into the roof)?

I love my 5 speed.:cheers:  I like how smooth it is. I have had other 5 speeds and they were not as smooth as my ES is. Anyone who has drove it says the same thing. I am very happy with my ES!  ;)  I love owning a 5 speed. Sometimes i can get annoyed when i am stuck in traffic. It don't always bother me just when i been driving all day and i am really tired and i just want to chill.  :blink:  Right now i prefer owning a manual over an automatic so when i do get annoyed i just think of that.  ;)  :)

Army,

Don't your sunroof do both (tilt and recede back into the roof)?

ope, it opnly recedes into the roof, no tilt on mine.