Breaks Make Vibration Noise

fs1m

2001 RX 300 with 46000 miles still had warranty.

When breaking (over 40mph), it makes a vibration noise.

Dealer says it OK and not a safety issue and does not want to change the disks. They say it is caused by overheating the breaks which could cause the disks warp!!!

Any idea?

Well he may be right on what causes the vibration. I still think it is a safty issue. The brakes are not working as they should be. They may not be part of the warranty since it is an item that gets used up. Lexus may fix them anyway. You may not need them replaced but may be able to just have them turned and trued up again. Even if you have them turned yourself it's only $20-$30 at a brake shop.

Thank you for the reply. I may end up with what you suggested. That is helpful.

Well he may be right on what causes the vibration.  I still think it is a safty issue.  The brakes are not working as they should be.  They may not be part of the warranty since it is an item that gets used up.  Lexus may fix them anyway.  You may not need them replaced but may be able to just have them turned and trued up again.  Even if you have them turned yourself it's only $20-$30 at a brake shop.