Check Engine Light When Cold....

Grd4Spd

hello all,

i have an issue with the check engine light coming on at startup.....however it only comes on (or so it seems) when outside temps get to the 10degree or below mark. when the light comes on, many times the car will not accelorate....or it will accelorate, then it will not.....revs do not come up, it stays at idol speed, however sometimes it will run fine (with light on) just far enough to get into traffic then it will not rev/move....if i turn it off sometimes it will not start again for a short spell....very strange...almost like the throttle is frozen? cold weather !Removed! with the efi computer? after it warms up it seems to work ok.

anyone experience same or similar in cold weather?

thanks in advance!

regards,

terry

Happened to me the other day. Real cold, even in the garage. It would not start, just crank, catch, and die. Finally, it started on the 4th try and lit the CEL. Discon'd the battery and tried again. Started right up w/ no CEL. Never read the code, just glad not to have to spend any $$$ on diagnostics/repair. Try disconnecting battery ...

Ed

well if you are getting the same action as i was having (sounds like you are) then prepare to spend $450 for the new sensor and install (sensor was $350, not $250)

car works great now.....no cold start check engine light, stalling or not starting.

regards,

terry