Catious

ok.... so ... i need to do something about this damn fog build up too..... i ive seen and read all about this opening prying the light open after heating it and all........

now..... is this completely safe to do ??? i mean i wanna be sure.... other wise my dads ganna think im a dummy .... man ... not a good thing.....

and well .. since the original sealing is urathaine.... what happens after wards....... as in sealing them back up .... whats the best way to do this ??

Neil.....

well i think its safe as long as you take your time and do it right.never rush anything because you have more of a chance of breaking something.after your done cleaning it and ready to put it back together just put it in the oven and reheat it and take it out after its very warm and put some high temp silicon around the whole edge and sqeeze it back together and you will be fine.once you do the first one you will see how easy it is and the second one will be a breeze.

yes it should be fine just remove as much as possible of the small parts from around the light housing

you can buy ureathane and reseal it or use silicone as it works

one thing to also do is

if you really don't want to open it

just put a nice good bead of silicone and seal the edges again

unless the insides are now dirty

also leave the little window above the green leveler off to help circulate more air in the housing to evaporate any water first

also dont pry to hard because you can crack it.just gradully keep prying easy on it and once you get one part enough open you can get your hands and pull the rest apart.when pulling it apart just pull easy and the urethane will just spread apart.it really isnt that hard just take your time and you will be fine

yah it is a tedious and slow thing to do but easy none the less

also heat and pry it alittle then you have to reheat and repeat do this a few times as once is nver enough

alos remember to remove all the above racks

and dont' let the clear plastic face down

as the metal rack might give it grille marks

good thinking sk!i forgot to mention about not puting the clear part on the grill but i just figured no one would do that but im sure theres someone that might make that mistake.could turn into a new trend.grilled headlights.lol