Radio Reception

I have a 2001 GS300 which happens to be the greatest car that I have owned. I have it for just over a year and the bumper to bumper warranty just ran out in November. When I have the radio on either AM or FM and I turn on the rear window defroster the interference in the radio is such that you have to turn it off until the window is defrosted. Anyone ever have this problem or know of a fix?

I have a 2001 GS300 which happens to be the greatest car that I have owned. I have it for just over a year and the bumper to bumper warranty just ran out in November. When I have the radio on either AM or FM  and I turn on the rear window defroster the interference in the radio is such that you  have to turn it off until the window is defrosted.    Anyone ever have this problem or know of a fix?

common toyota problem, only fix i know is to replace the rear window. maybe someone else has had better luck with another repair procedure.

I have a 2001 GS300 which happens to be the greatest car that I have owned. I have it for just over a year and the bumper to bumper warranty just ran out in November. When I have the radio on either AM or FM  and I turn on the rear window defroster the interference in the radio is such that you  have to turn it off until the window is defrosted.    Anyone ever have this problem or know of a fix?

Make sure antenna ground is good <_<

that used to be a problem in the old lexi, but newer ones have the antenna built into the r. window.  older ones now matter what you did the am recp. was horrible.

Your right, the antennae is built into the rear window, so is the rear defroster. Do you know of any fix? I'm getting great reception on the radio AM or FM until I hit the rear defroster button, them the reception is wiped out...

You could try a filter either on the antenna or defroster or maybe try regrounding the antenna AT THE REAR window ground point if there is one! Last suggestion you could also wrap the antenna or derroster wires in copper tape to reduce or eliminate EMI and RFI noises. <_<

you could try to hit the dealer up for a goodwill repair if your warranty just ran out.

my reception sucks too, mine's an 01 GS. I think the antenna in glass are weaker than regular. my '95 ES get's way better reception than my GS