Running Fog Lights

Booyah

You can jumper wires together in two places, one at the foot of the light control stalk, and another at the lighting control ecu.

Or you can pay ~$30 for a wireless remote control relay.

Thanks West! But can you be a little more detailed? Sounds like a jumper at the lighting control ECU would be the easiest? Guide me please B)

At the combination switch located at the foot of the turn signal/lighting stalk, move the (solid green) wire at pin 17 of the combination switch to pin 16 or simply connect it to the ground wire already on pin 16.

At the body ECU, under the dash and up to the left (toward the driver's door)of the stearing column, connect the green wire with the yellow stripe at B6-7 to the brown wire with a white stripe at B8-6. They need not be disconnected from the body ECU.

There are four multi-pin connectors going into the vertically mounted body ECU. Regretably the first wire you need to reach, B8-6, BR-W, is at the very top (center pin of three) of the topmost connector. The second wire, B6-7, G-Y, is in the bottom row of the second connector from the bottom.

This will result in the fog light control relay always being energised if the "stalk" light control is in the fog light on position and the tail light relay is energized. So now the fog lights can be on anytime the parking/tail lights are on and they will extinguish automatically, in the normal fashion, as always.

At the combination switch located at the foot of the turn signal/lighting stalk, move the (solid green) wire at pin 17 of the combination switch to pin 16 or simply connect it to the ground wire already on pin 16.

At the body ECU, under the dash and up to the left (toward the driver's door)of the stearing column, connect the green wire with the yellow stripe at B6-7 to the brown wire with a white stripe at B8-6. They need not be disconnected from the body ECU.

There are four multi-pin connectors going into the vertically mounted body ECU. Regretably the first wire you need to reach, B8-6, BR-W, is  at the very top (center pin of three) of the topmost connector. The second wire, B6-7, G-Y, is in the bottom row of the second connector from the bottom.

This will result in the fog light control relay always being energised if the "stalk" light control is in the fog light on position and the tail light relay is energized. So now the fog lights can be on anytime the parking/tail lights are on and they will extinguish automatically, in the normal fashion, as always.

Thanks West! At the body ECU as you described Do I take one of those wires out and just plug it into the other? or run a jumper wire?

Or is the turn stalk the easier way of doing it---Do I have to take any covers off to do the stalk one? Thanks

Both are required.

Without the stalk modification the fog light "grnd", negative return circuit will not complete without the low beams being on.

And without the ECU mode the grnd signal from the stalk mode cannot pass to the fog light relay.

And as I said, you don't have to remove the wires from the ECU connectors, just add a jumper connection between them.

Without the stalk modification the fog light "grnd", negative return circuit will not complete without the low beams being on.

Willard - you talkin about the RX-300 or the RX-330? I know that you have made mods on your 01 RX-300....so I was just checking. This would be a nice mod to my 04 330. Ever tried it on this model?