Headlight Adjustment 93es300

t2ggg

Does the little screw device behind the horizontal leveler moves headlights right and left? Does the long screw on the back of the light adjust the vertical? How do you turn the horizontal screw- by hand? seems tight. Do you use use a wrench to adjust vertical. Son bumped someone lightly and he thinks lights are out of adjustment.

check the adjustment against a wall or garage door first

and while you are adjusting

if the car is not level the green levels won't help you

if a mount is broken then they will never be able to use the levels properly again

the ones with a cylinder behind the headlights and red lines around it adjusts up and down

the other is left right

• 1 year later...

check the adjustment against a wall or garage door first

and while you are adjusting

if the car is not level the green levels won't help you

if a mount is broken then they will never be able to use the levels properly again

the ones with a cylinder behind the headlights and red lines around it adjusts up and down

the other is left right

Im looking to adjust my lights on a 93 es300 and I just want to make sure im doing it right. I can see the adjustment behind the lamp for left and right adjustment but where is the adjustment for up and down? Ive done the wall test and the lights are very low. Is the best way to adjust them with a screwdiver because they do seem tight, like the last guy said?

Until the plastic breaks off. Then you use something along the size of a 5/16ths socket if I remember mine right.

Park on level ground 20' from a wall. Measure the distance from theground to the imprinted dot on the lenses infront of your low beam projector (in the middle of the projector). Measure the distance from the ground to the top of the cut-off. It should not be perfectly flat (Center of the beam at the same height). You want them pointed down somewhat. Projectors give more intense light nearer their greatest light distrobution. Tho with the stock halogen lighting, the light drops off from the center on out fairly quickly. A hair quicker than the Camry's Reflective housing in my opinion.

Grab a set of $5-7 9005 Sylvania bulbs, melt, filt, or grind the one offending tap off so you can insert them into the 9006 low beam socket. 9005/h3's lack the black reflective coating to reduce glare on the tip. (Not needed), and they produce 1700 lumen instead of 1000 lumen of output compaired to 9006/h4 (Normal low-beam)

What translates into is about a 15-20% light gain across the board. It's not signifigant... But it is a noticeable improvement. And that basically means after a year's runtime, you've still got about the same loutput as a brand new 9006 would have.

Ofcorse compaired to D2S HID's @ 35w, they give 3200 lumen. And at 50w they give 5,200 lumen. :) I love me's some HID's LoL!!!!!!!!!!!