Lexus Alarm Info

Found this in my monthly Lexus email. Good info about normal alarm operation as well as options. B)

Off the assembly line, every Lexus remote functions basically the same way: One click unlocks the driver's-side door. A second click unlocks the passengers' doors. This was done as a safety precaution. But it doesn't have to remain that way. Maybe you'd prefer the convenience of having all the doors unlock at once. Or perhaps you'd rather have just the driver's and rear driver's-side doors unlock on the first click. Any one of these scenarios can be accommodated with LPS.

The process is simple. Next time you visit your Lexus dealer, let the service department know you'd like to have some LPS modifications made to your Lexus. They'll attach a special diagnostics computer to your vehicle (only Lexus service departments have them) and make the proper adjustments. The entire process can take anywhere from ten minutes to an hour, depending on how extensive the changes are.

But how extensive could the changes actually be? While some models offer as many as 45 customer preferences, every 2005 Lexus allows you to modify these five basic features:

Functionality of unlock button

Flashing of signal lights (when remote is activated)

Duration of cabin illumination

Delay of headlamp turn-off

Sensitivity of automatic headlamps

Your first LPS modifications are complimentary. After 1,000 miles, a small fee may apply. For this reason, we recommend you drive your vehicle for a while before requesting any LPS adjustments.

all are cbest options

i think i amde a list of them in the general section a while ago

LOL. I got the email to and was scratching my head. I guess they finally publicize the CBEST settings under this LPS name. Most of us who posts on Lexus forums probably already know about the settings but I would assume not many of the general Lexus owners does.