'93 To '94 Canadian Drl's

CanadaCraig

Hi Everyone!! :)

[nothing to update re my cars acceleration problem]

According to the http://www.lexls.com/lsgenerations.html page on the lexls.com site - there was a change made to the DRL's. [a feature that came with Canadian market LS's] With the '93 models [like the one I've got] when the emergency ['parking'] brake is released the DRL's come on - turning on ALL exterior lights - just as if you turned on the headlights. The only difference being that the headlights are not quite as bright in DRL mode. But on 1994 LS's - ONLY the headlights turned on. [again - according the lexls.com site] I've never heard this before but would LOVE to have ONLY the headlights come on. I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to make my '93 more like the '94's.

Craig!! :)

hmm

sounds odd

mine also just turn the drl's on once i start the car with the handbrake up otherwise they are always on

doesn't matter to me much as i drive with my headlights on anyway day or night

so basically you want to instead of turing the drl on to turn the headlights instead of turning the switch?

Hi SKperformance!! :)

"So basically you want to instead of turning the drl on to turn the headlights instead of turning the switch?"

I'm sorry - but I couldn't quite make sense of that question. :(

With MY car - when the DRL's turn on [which happens when the parking brake is released] not ONLY do the headlights turn on - but so do all of the other exterior lights. [just as if you - yourself - turned the headlight switch to ON] In other words - along WITH the headlights - the front parking lamps - all side-marker lamps - and all rear tail lamp lights come on. [even the lights for the license plate come on] With no help from ME. I would prefer that ONLY the headlights came on - and NO other lights - when in DRL mode. What I'd LIKE is for MY 1993 LS to be like the 1994 and newer LS's. [assuming - of course - the information on the lexls.com site is true] Starting with the 1994 LS's - ONLY the headlights came on when in DRL mode.

Does that makes sense?

Craig!! :)

I'm not 100% sure of the answer either.....call a couple Lexus dealers & ask them the question & get them to try & explain it. All I know is DRL's were standard fare in Canada from the 1990 model year & up. My 01 ES has just the regular low amp DRL's when I release my parking brake as well when the car is running. B)

:cheers:

On my daughters 99 Corolla, during the day the DRL's come on. They are the highbeams running at half power, at night all the lights come on. Her DRL's come on dim at first even at night but by the time you get three houses down, all the lights come on. You never have to touch the headlight switch unless you want all the lights on during the daytime.

that's odd ?

your car should only be turning the front lights on not all of them

are you sure you didn;t get an American car which was rigged to pass canadian regulations for front headlights by just turing them all on instead?

I have never heard of drl's turning on all the lights