Hooking Up My V1 To The Rx330 And Some Strange Stu

jazzsax

So we got the new RX330 and I had to move the V1 from my RX300 to the RX330. I decided to use the power off the sunroof/light area for the device.

Well I take apart the light and the dome area and I notice that the microphone for the phone (voice activation device) is on the OTHER side of where the manual states it should be. The manual says it's on the left side of the "grill" area, but in taking it off, the mic is actually on the right side. (not both sides). Weird. Wonder if they did that just because they thought people would yell into the left side and in reality the right side would hear it more clearly.

But installing the V1 was pretty effortlessly. I just had to find the 12V ACC power line using a multimeter and hook it into that and find a ground. Not a whole lot of room up there, but the wires and connector box (for the accessory phone jack) fit ok.

A question for your EE majors... When switched off, the voltage still registered like .1 or .2 volts. What's that mean? I double checked it a few times so I'm pretty sure it was still trickling some voltage. But turning to ACC registered the ~12V as needed.

I only blew 2 fuses in the process :) Finding one of those little super mini fuses is tough. Auto Zone didn't carry them.