Tsunami

RFeldes

I, in all my depth of sorrow, I wish to convey to all the suffering people in Asia and around the World my deepest Sympathy and respect in this hour of need and heartfelt tradgedy. I am so saddened by the misery and destruction and the heartfelt sadness in such a tragic time and pray that God, in all our religions, believes we all Love him still. I don't know what else to say....such sorrow, such a wake up call and still we Love you. We all Love one another and the Devil cannot split us. I am not religious, per say, other than I know in my heart of hearts that we are all prone to be bad children of the Almighty in what ever name we choose in our religious affiliation and we get wake up calls and this is certainly one. This is just a personal heartfelt observation and in no means embraces an affiliation with LOC other than to say from a member of LOC I feel your loss. Such sorrow!!

The destruction in south Asia and the sub-continent is the result of a natural disaster, an underwater earthquake. It is not the wrath of "god" or the "work of the devil". It is certainly not punishment for some wrong doing or a wake up call. What are we to wake up to, plate techtonics?

What we in the west should strive for is convincing our governments to send aid in the form of money, equipment, and supplies, and in the near term to help the survivors rebuild their lives.

Talk is cheap. We should help. And we cannot know their suffering - claiming that we do, here in our comfortable lives, belittles their experience and borders on condescension. We must understand how small our concerns about a minor driveline vibration would seem to someone who watched their family washed out to sea and drowned.