Whats The Stories With The Back Lights Then?

Ok, here is another curly one for you.. everyone has been talking about cooking the front lights to get the amber turn signal plastic out, and to clean them..

So whats the story with the back lights.. How, if at all. Can you mod them? example. 96 model has yucky amber in the middle.. whereas 98 has red with a clear line through the centre..

Any suggestions...

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r: Here is example of 96...

post-7-1055417045.jpg

just cook them and spread back the ureathane

the lights i the picture are from a 00-01 es 300 not 97-99

you could get a slightly similar look but that light has a different inner reflector to give it its jeweled look

there are no clear lights though

wait... now im lost.... allright .... what are different things you can do to the tail lights..... besides bust them inside the oven then take out the amber ..... which i dont think would look that good ... would it ? any pics anyone ?

Hey Neil..

I agree.. These cars must be the hardest models for buying mod parts for.. Here in Japan, we have book after book, just on parts for the main 2 or 3 cars. Toyota Celsior, Crown and some other makes.. As I see it. In popularity. The Toyota Windom ES300 is also very popular on the street, but I cant find a damn thing for it....

The fact is that i dont really want to take apart my lights also, but really there is no alternative. No mod parts available.. I hate the look of the nasty old amber look to the 96 tails...

By the way Neil. I have a 96 also.. Your profile says that yours is a 96 "Coach".. What does that mean? mine is a Toyota Windom "Lexter".. Never seen that on any other Windom, so dont really know what it stands for? I am curious to know... Only seen one other Windom with the badge "Lexter" on it. And it was 2 tone silver like mine. with black interior...

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

it might be just like a coach edition.as for the lights i can personally say its really not that hard to clear them.i didnt do the back yet but i am doing them real soon.it really makes a big difference in the front of the car.also after you clear the fron you can put white bulbs for that euro look.i know what you mean with parts for this cari have a 95 and cant find nothing for it.

here is a pic of my 94 slightly different than yours

and the coach edition is an American only sale car

it came with different carpets mats and trunk mat as well

had perforated leather seats

i think a few different colour schemes , different rims and the coach badges

other than thatit was the same

but the leather alone is remarkable

oh yah and coach makes fine leather products so tehy threw in a few pieces of leather luggage as well

Hey chris ,

yeah coach edition is baisically different leather..... it has the coach engraved on the corner of the head rests..... the wheels are unique..... they have more of the mercedes type look.... they also have gun metal emblems ......

here are a couple a pics from my car. .....

post-7-1055525869.jpg

yeah .... i guess you have to be imaginative to be wanting to mod this car....

ok.... now ive seen people do these custom mods... where you can like black out parts of the head light or tail light.... that would look pretty sweet ... how to go about doing this ... i dont know.... hell .. i dont know any custom shops around here.... and im in a pretty big city too ... well ... Michigan state University ... east lansing.... there are a tons of modded out ricers here.... lol

anyways.... i getting a spoiler put on the car as we speak.... im kinda nervous now as to how it should look... but i did my research and found that the dimentions for the 240 sx and the es 300 are almost the same ... so i started there .. as there are more parts availible for the nissan 240 sx..... ill put some pics later to show you guys.. and c how it looks...

peace

Neil