Rx300 Ticking Noise From Front

wing0

2001 RX300

13k miles

Notice noise from the front belt. I think it's pretty close to the bumper right? I can hear belt noise when i'm standing infront of the hood.

In the cabin, with everything off ie. no air and music.

A ticking noise can be heard, even after car warms up. It's winter in Canada, so around -5C. The noise interval is constant and is coming from the hood when in cabin. Even turning air to around 3 bars, i can still hear the ticking noise. While stepping on the gas, engine is noticeably noisier, sounds a little like diesel engine in comparison with noise during summer. Finally, the noise seems to be toward the front passenger's end.

Just had service in the summer, everything checked out ok.

Also, rear hatch opens half way, then stops. Have to push it up fully, hope lexus agree that it has problem and replace the shock thing.

What could be the problem? Should I take it to Lexus and have them listen to the sound? and drive one of their used RX300 for comparison?

Thanks for reading and feedback is appreciated!

Merry Christmas! :cheers:

Ticking noise could be injectors, a drive belt or even valve clearance although shouldn't be at that mileage.

I would let your dealer take a look, it is still under warranty isn't it?

I just had my rear hatch struts replaced, when new they seem only just strong enough to open so as they get older and lose pressure you get the problems you have. You should be able to get them replaced under warranty.

fuel injector noise?

uh...why doesn't this sound come when u first bought the car??

don't tell me it's because the injector is getting old.

lol...i'm still bringing it in for the rear hatch and see what they say about this.

if this is the noise that the fuel injector is making and it's loud enough to go through the insulation(while u merely hear your engine sound) then i gotta say there's something wrong with the injector.