Rpm From The V8 Motor?

Kimmi

Not sure if this will work. Try at your own risk. I highly recommend the Lexus factory service manuals if you are going to do this stuff. They are worth their weight in gold. Here goes nothing - there are many ways to accomplish the same thing, some harder than others. I have no idea what the best way is.

IK1 connector engine and cluster side. Engine side off ignitor harness has terminals in red.

gallery_16_1_1103735804.jpg

Wiring schem from 1995 supplemental. Engine wiring diagram pages 42 and 43. Image is also in the gallery. High res. You should be able to save it, open in paint and view things closer if necessary.

gallery_16_1_1103736072.jpg

Good luck. Don't count on this service being available all the time. I do what I can but not so much lately. Frankly, I'm not sure if it's even on track. IT should be. Can't hurt to try. Get your manuals and rely on no one.

On second thought, this is probably easier.  Thank the guy with the MAF question, I would not have looked otherwise.  Guess I'm bored today.  I love vacation.  If only it weren't so freakin cold.  I might go work on the car. 

gallery_16_1_1103737864.jpg

Thanks!

It worked perfectly! Do you also know the correct Hz for the air flow meter?

The frequencies I am getting are:

650 RPM - 23 Hz

1000 RPM - 36 Hz

1500 RPM - 57 Hz

2000 RPM – 81 Hz

3000 RPM – 100 Hz

I appreciate the help!