01 Rx Brake Pads

mikey00

Does anyone who has done their own brakes know if the 01 RX has wear indicators on the original pads? I have a new set of Lexus pads from Irontoad and only see the indicators on the rear pads. They are set so you should hear them when you get down to 2/32 of pad. I now have 71k and was waiting to hear the indicators before changing the pads. Today I pulled a front and rear wheel to check pad wear and found I have 3/32 of pad left but I don't see any wear indicators on the front or rear pad. If I do the math I have 15K left before metal on metal. Can't complain about that. Lexus sure does have great wearing pads. Anyway I guess I will be changing them next week.

• 4 weeks later...
i think but am not totally sure that there are indicator clips on the front break pads. If you think you need new breaks, replace them. better safe than sorry, it can't  hurt you, only make you feel safer

I finally found time to do the brakes. The original pads do have wear indicators on all 4 wheels. Lexus replacement pads (from Lexus dealer) only have them on the rear. None on the front.