-Brakes all around

-Spark plugs and wires.

-Transmission flush

Now here the Q's:

1. Are these good spark plugs? Link

2. Are these good spark plug wires? Link

3. Am I missing anything?

Thanks guys

For reference: http://www.lexls.com/timingbelt.html There's plenty more help if you click on "tutorials."

The spark plugs in your link are exactly what I have. They're perfect.

The image for the wires is not coming up for me now so I don't know. I recommend only OEM Toyota wires OR Vitek high performance wires.

You've got a LOT of work ahead of you, good luck!

1. Yes

2. I don't knnow about these wires...it's good to go OEM.

3. Distributor caps, distibutor rotors & thermostat.

If money allows (or if needed) you might want to also replace these if they haven't already been done:

Air filter, fuel filter, PCV valve & serpentine belt.

You might want to clean the PS solenoid screen while you're at it.

OK, so my 94 LS400 is at 95k and this is what im going to replace:

-Power steering pump (leeking)

-Timing belt, water pump, tensioner, idler

-Rear carrier bushings

-Brakes all around

-Spark plugs and wires.

-Transmission flush

Now here the Q's:

1. Are these good spark plugs? Link

2. Are these good spark plug wires? Link

3. Am I missing anything?

Thanks guys

Hi JaguarS4R,

Good choice on the spark plugs and wires, but don't overlook the distributor cap and rotors (not an expensive item either). This is what made my car run better, even though I changed spark plugs and wires earlier. It would miss once in a while, then got worse and worse over time.

Are you doing the work youself? If so, I would add the following things as well.

Rebuild the power steering pump youself, just put new seals in and a bearing on the pulley side. I found it easy to work on (I am not a mechanic by trade) and you don't need any special tools. I have 242,000 miles on my 1991 Ls400 and the pump is still working perfectly and does not leak at all so far. These pumps seem to last really well. Most mechanics prefer to replace, rather than rebuild because of the extra time that is needed to work on them.

Check your fan support bearing, idler and tensioner bearings, they may be ready to go. Sounds like you are changing the timing belt idlers- good! The timing belt tensioner may be ok, just check to see if it is leaking or just sweating. If just sweating a little, it's probably ok. If it is leaking- no good. Mine is still original.

Clean your throttle body valve. If you shine a light into the intake with the throttle wide open, you will see gunk on the back of the second butterfly valve, this may effect your idling if it gets too dirty.

For what the thermostat cost, I replaced mine but that's up to you.

And don't forget the rear end, it needs fresh oil too.

I believe it's worth doing all this extra work, because it is really a fine car and it will make it more reliable for many miles to come. Good luck and let me know how you made out. Daffy

Hi JaguarS4R,

Good choice on the spark plugs and wires, but don't overlook the distributor cap and rotors (not an expensive item either). This is what made my car run better, even though I changed spark plugs and wires earlier. It would miss once in a while, then got worse and worse over time.

Are you doing the work youself? If so, I would add the following things as well.

Rebuild the power steering pump youself, just put new seals in and a bearing on the pulley side. I found it easy to work on (I am not a mechanic by trade) and you don't need any special tools. I have 242,000 miles on my 1991 Ls400 and the pump is still working perfectly and does not leak at all so far. These pumps seem to last really well. Most mechanics prefer to replace, rather than rebuild because of the extra time that is needed to work on them.

Check your fan support bearing, idler and tensioner bearings, they may be ready to go. Sounds like you are changing the timing belt idlers- good! The timing belt tensioner may be ok, just check to see if it is leaking or just sweating. If just sweating a little, it's probably ok. If it is leaking- no good. Mine is still original.

Clean your throttle body valve. If you shine a light into the intake with the throttle wide open, you will see gunk on the back of the second butterfly valve, this may effect your idling if it gets too dirty.

For what the thermostat cost, I replaced mine but that's up to you.

And don't forget the rear end, it needs fresh oil too.

I believe it's worth doing all this extra work, because it is really a fine car and it will make it more reliable for many miles to come. Good luck and let me know how you made out. Daffy

My Lexus mechanic/body man/personl friend is going to do all this, im just getting the parts. These are the wires: Prospark (never heard of em)

Link

1.Let me know if those PROSPARKs are good and also the rear/front pads and those rotors you see there on that website. $16.95=pads and $40.00= Rotors, what do you think of those listed there? Also here is the link for the Distributor cap and rotor Rotor

Distrib cap

Should I just buy all those: Distrib cap, rotor, themostat, and wires at Autozone and get the actual spark plugs and all those brakes on EBAY?

Sure.

Seriously or you're being sarcastic?

Please check out those brake pads/rotors for $16.95 and $40.90 on the EBAY link and tell me if those are worth it. Sorry, I am a complete newbie for lexus. Also check out the pwr steering pump for $125, worth it?

If you're a newbie to Lexus then realize that using Autozone parts in a Lexus could degrade it's reliability and durability down towards the level of an American luxury car. It's one of those things in life people tend to only learn the hard way.

It's kind of nutty to replace the power steering pump just on account of leakage cause the pump itself is still good.

The power steering system leaks can sometimes be minimized, possibly cured by:

1. Cleaning the filter screen inside the PS pump reservoir and in the steering rack solenoid control valve.

2. Replacing the PS system air control valve (idle control valve)

3. Replacing the 0-rings on the PS pump pressure switch

These things (except for item #3) will have to be done anyway even if you get a new

pump in order to avoid future leaks