Trailer Package For A 2001 Lx470

wagsy22

Does anyone know what is included in the trailer package for a LX470. Ive got a dealer that says the trailer package includes more than just the receiver hitch and at a cost of $797. What else is included in the trailer package? This cost seems really high for just a receiver hitch.

wagsy22

There is nothing more included in the trailer package then the hitch and the wiring harness (for the trailer).

In truth, there is more in the actual towing package, like the transmission cooler, but ALL LX 470s get the transmission cooler and other extras that would normally be included in the towing package.

The only thing that's all 470s do not get is the hitch and harness.

Save the $$$ and buy an aftermarket hitch and harness for a quarter of the $800 they want.

I have a 2001 as well and would like to add an aftermarket hitch, just for the purpose of adding a bike rack for an occasional trip (won't be towing a boat or horse trailer or anything like that)... is this a DIY install? Any particular brand that anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with?

installation is pretty much DIY. there are several brands of hitches -- they're all pretty much the same. If you only want something for bikes and stuff like that, why not get something like the 2" receiver adapter shown here:

http://sleeoffroad.com/products/products_r...umpers_main.htm

It should fit the 4 holes in your rear bumper (it's under the plastic cap) in the center of the bumper.

installation is pretty much DIY.  there are several brands of hitches -- they're all pretty much the same.  If you only want something for bikes and stuff like that, why not get something like the 2" receiver adapter shown here:

http://sleeoffroad.com/products/products_r...umpers_main.htm

It should fit the 4 holes in your rear bumper (it's under the plastic cap) in the center of the bumper.

Thanks for the tip! I'll take a look for the holes in the bumper and give them a call, description mentions the LC FZJ80, I think mine is a 100?

...still learning the proper terminology for this platform :wacko:

• 1 month later...