'94 Es 300 With 85k Miles - Smart Buy?

Asking Price is $8900. I'm going into my sophomore year of college and I haven't looked at this car yet but I'm strongly considering it. Apparently the owner has been very meticulous about upkeep (not sure if he's replaced the timing belt - how big of an issue is this at 85k?)

Here is the ad, it contains pics: http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standar...l&src=&cid=null

I'm considering this and a lot of other cars - the main issue with this car is that it is at the high end of my price range and I need something that will last me at least until I graduate.

I am also looking at 96-98 Accords & Civics, 96-00 Corollas, and a 96 Maxima.

Thoughts? Is the Lexus worth it despite the fact that I'll be paying more for an older, and somewhat higher mileage car, even though this one appears to be in great condition?

if all is well on the vehicle... you should be able to get many more miles out of this vehicle.... the price is about right..... maybe a tad bit on the high end for a 94..... but it doesnt seem over driven .... 85 k for a 94 is actually a great deal......

better than a maxima and civic... lol .... newer accords are nice.... but ya cant get the class of the lex from those rice boxes....

:lol:

-Neil

hmmm... 85k is kinda high for any car. i suggest getting a newer car with less than 50k that comes with warranty. a corolla is very good car considering it gets good gas mileage and its the most dependable car on the planet! but then that car has no pick-up so the maxima is the car to get if u need that kind of thing.

my 97 es had 67k on it when i bought it for $15k, it was highly recomended from our machanic and it should last me 4~5 more years and at least 60k miles, but im guessing it will last a LOT longer. I don't wash it as much as i should, or vaccume it too much, BUT i keep the engine and all the junk up to date and serviced often. i/e every 3k miles inseatd of 5k.

ProZac