Whistling Noise

tommyday

Hello All,

I have an odd whistling noise that begins as soon as the car is started up. I know, right away you are thinking belts, but this is weird. I never turn the stereo off, so it is on when I start the car. So I start the car, the stereo is on and the whistling begins. I turn the volume down on the stereo and the whistle is still there. I then power the stereo completly off, and the noise goes away. Power the stereo back on, and the noise returns!

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tom

Hello All,

I have an odd whistling noise that begins as soon as the car is started up. I know, right away you are thinking belts, but this is weird. I never turn the stereo off, so it is on when I start the car. So I start the car, the stereo is on and the whistling begins. I turn the volume down on the stereo and the whistle is still there. I then power the stereo completly off, and the noise goes away. Power the stereo back on, and the noise returns!

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tom

sounds like you make have a grounding issue with the stereo or amplifier. have you done a tune up or anything lately because I have seen problems like this from using crapy plug wires and routing them incorrectly. but what it sounds like to me is you have an alternator wine thought the stereo which is normally a grounding issue

Nope, no tune up lately. I agree on the grounding issue, but I am hoping someone had a similar problem. I have an appointment w/ the dealer next week, so my warranty should take care of it. But they someitmes "can't hear the noise we are talking about"

Tom