An Unfortunate Event....

philbe1

Sorry guys, I've been M.I.A. I met a great girl and you know how that can be. Anyways....I was visiting my girfriends family in Ohio over the thanksgiving weekend end. Well we just got done going out to see a movie and leaving the parking lot I was sitting at a Red-light. At the red light i'm talking to my girl and then all of a sudden this big pick-up truck pulled behind me we what looked like his Hi-beams on. After a few seconds of being annoyed the light changed but at all the while the light had changed green so i started to go. ( oh by the way the intersection was a "T" and i was making a left) To my stupidness and annoyance i started to fiddle with my rear view mirror and turn at the same time. to make a long story short I made about 97% of my turn untill I kissed the guard rail and damaged a bit of my lower bumper, Right fender and Right cornering light. well yesterday I went online to a website called Fast Auto Body parts.com and they had every part i needed. 3 parts to be exact for under 400$ I think is a good deal and i put the order in and am now waiting. Just thought i'd let ya all know and i'll keep ya updated on my progress when i finally get my parts and put them on. 1 Corner light, 1 right fender and one lower bumper all for less then 400$.

Ah man I'm sorry to hear that. Ya I had a "so-so" Thanksgiving too. I was parked outside my grandparent's place, and when I was leaving I noticed that there was a huge dent on my passenger side door (looks like a car backed into it). Needless to say I'm too happy about the fact somebody did a hit and run on my car. Another $500+ dollars down the drain. I'm glad you and your g/f were not hurt. Well I hope your ES looks like new again soon.

thank you, It's such a strange thing, i've always wondered how bad i would feel if my lex did get into an accident, but I tell ya, after the accident happened i wasn't even concerned with my car but the well being of my girl and wether or not we would be stranded out there or not. It sucks but it now gives me a shot in the arm to finally take care of a couple ding's in the car i've always had and to have to car re-painted.

Thats maturity showing through, I hear that from a lot of people that they aren't as concerned about the car as they always figured they would be. A car is just a thing and things can be repaired or replaced.