Knocking Under The Hood

mspin24

This morning when I went out to start my 96 ES300 with 82,000 mile I heard a relatively loud knocking/ticking sound coming from what I think is the engine compartment. I turned the car off, let sit for about 30 sec. and resatarted it again. I heard the knocking very faintly and it went away in about 3 sec. I turned off the car once again, and again restarted it. No, knocking anymore. I tried this about 5 more time and no more knocking. FYI: It was about 55 degrees and raining, if that helps.

I know I need to get the valve cover gasket and CV boots done, thats coming from my mechanic. Any ideas what it might be.

Marc

This morning when I went out to start my 96 ES300 with 82,000 mile I heard a relatively loud knocking/ticking sound coming from what I think is the engine compartment. I turned the car off, let sit for about 30 sec. and resatarted it again. I heard the knocking very faintly and it went away in about 3 sec. I turned off the car once again, and again restarted it. No, knocking anymore. I tried this about 5 more time and no more knocking. FYI: It was about 55 degrees and raining, if that helps.

I know I need to get the valve cover gasket and CV boots done, thats coming from my mechanic. Any ideas what it might be.

Marc

I dont think the knocking has anything to do with the cv boots or valve cover gasket. i recently changed my valve cover gaskets in my 93 es300. check the oil level, that could be a factor with the noise. what year and amount of milage do you have on your es?