1993 Lexus Gs300

I have a 93 GS300 with 195,000 miles. I bought it at an auction with 180,000 in April for $4,000. The car is incredible. Smooth as can be! Before that I had a V6 Camry for 7 years. Bought that with 34,000 miles and lost it in an accident with 212,000 miles. Toyota really is the best.

I had Lexus run the VIN# to see what maintenance was done to the car. No information after 60,000 miles. I assume that the timing belt was replaced once and that I need to do it again.

How do I know I need to replace it? What signs should I look for? Should I change the water pump at same time? Is there a tension belt as well? Just being proactive. Thanks in advance.

I have a 93 GS300 with 195,000 miles. I bought it at an auction with 180,000 in April for $4,000. The car is incredible. Smooth as can be! Before that I had a V6 Camry for 7 years. Bought that with 34,000 miles and lost it in an accident with 212,000 miles. Toyota really is the best.

I had Lexus run the VIN# to see what maintenance was done to the car. No information after 60,000 miles. I assume that the timing belt was replaced once and that I need to do it again.

How do I know I need to replace it? What signs should I look for? Should I change the water pump at same time? Is there a tension belt as well? Just being proactive. Thanks in advance.

YES TO ALL your questions, except NEVER ASSUME!!! You know what happens when you !Removed! u me :lol: