1992 Es 300

Anovice

OK...I still have not done anything about this problem since November. Is or is not Dashusa.com an option and is or is not $350 a fair price? My needles are fine, the problem is my instrument lights.

The best thing to do at this point is send it to www.lextech.org {LLS} and get it done right the first time for a fair price. I have had my 93 es cluster done there and AAA+++++++++++++ I beleive it was $120.00 for all the backlights and the needles . I am a satisfied customer and stand by their work...

More power to you Hoss. if I would have run into LEXTECH before I ran into DASHUSA, maybe I would agree with you I don't know...it's a case by case issue, I would say...or maybe I should have asked you first..that's where it's at!!!

But, since I don't even know you..how could I know..glad you got a fair price..shows there is honesty still in this world...LOL!!!

I'm a satisfied customer too...and stand behind their work also...my cluster is working just fine thank you...even has a gold trimmed outline..real pretty now..!!!

I would not recommend DASHUSA DashUSA Auto Electronics & Speedometer http://dashusa.com/ to anyone. They have had my instrument cluster for over a month and three weeks ago they were paid and was told by Steve's rep that the cluster would be shipped that day. Its now three weeks later and I have called them various times and left messages. The last two times (about two weeks ago) was the last time I talked to STEVE himself and he told me both times that he would call me back, and to this day has not. I am unable to use my car for over a month now. I left them a message to either send the repaired item back or refund the money and send back the cluster and I can take it elsewhere for repairs, but no luck. They have caller ID, so they are avoiding my calls. This is a sad way of doing business. I found out that I was not the only one complaining about DASHUSA, they have had complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau so I decided to file one myself. BUYER BEWARE OF DASHUSA. I just found out through this site that they have a toll free number #888-909-9473 but still no answer. I would hate for you to send in your instrument cluster and go through this. Dont take a chance like I did check the BBB before you do business no matter what.

• 1 year later...

I want to put my 2 cents in, I have been reading the posts regarding the lighting issues on the Lexus Marque, is there something I am missing here, we are talking about changing lite bulbs, albiet, little bitty ones, but still they are just light bulbs. There are good tutorials on how to change out the bulbs, either with incandescent ones or with leds.... I know lexus inc. charges high for parts and labor, afterall it is a Luxury Automoblie... bit 10.00 for a bulb you can buy for less than a 1.00 is rediculous. I have only been working on my lexus a short time, but remember, its still just a Toyota, I don't recall which post I read with the non Lexus/Toyota part numbers for the bulbs, but I know it is there somewhere, I did a search of the forum and came up with 26 pages of posts talking about intrument lighting issues.... great reading..... if you can handle a screwdriver (carefully) then you can change out the bulbs.... one of the tricks we used in the navy, (spent 20 plus years working on military electronics) was to use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on ckt boards....use it gingerly, then clean the surface with alchohol, do the same thing to the little contacts on the bulb holder, ( the little plastic thingy the bulb plugs into.... and away you go....anyway I will get down off my soapbox now......

Capn