Scratches And Dents

I saw a commercial on tv 3 years ago about a product preventing nicks and scratches for the front end of your car. The material is the same material used for tinting your windows but clear, you're not suppose to be able to tell that it's on your car. I guess it's like the "bra" but in the film like form. It prevents rocks and other debris from denting or chipping the paint on the front end of your car. I never heard about it again, anyone out there know what I'm talking about? maybe it was just crazy, or confused it with a different infomercial!!!! :D

I have seen the clear film that sticks on over the paint. I never saw it in a store, but I haven't looked. The main purpose for this is in places like upstate NY where they sand the roads. That really messes up your paint. I have seen the headlight protects films. I know on NASCAR they use clear windshield tear-offs which are probably about the same thing.

The clear paint film is available on the Lexus.com website. It is cut to match the style of your Lexus model. Do a search on their website for 'film' and you will see the picture.

Since I am a installer of paint protection I will chime in here. The paint protection film is a 8mil urathane film. The film itself is 6mil and has 2mils of adhessive on it with 99% UV protection in it. There are several types out there and I will explain the 2 most popular. The 3M film is the oldest but not the best. It has a little more orange peel than most and a little more yellow color in it as well. You will not see the yellow in it unless put on a bright white car or next to its competitors product. It also has a hard coat that is more prone to scratches and stains. This doesn't make it a bad product but its just not the best on the market. Venture Shield is probably the best product with the best warranty on the market for paint protection. It is the strongest material and is optically clearer then the 3M or Clearshield product. Venture Shield is also more resistant to chemicals and typical road debris stains. The product will give a cleaner install due to the characteristics of the fill and the way it applies. I have installed Four different paint protection films for years and they have all had thier bad times. 3M has just recently redisigned thier film and its a little more on par with the Venture but still has a little ways to go. Most people will be happy with either product but there is a difference in the finished product so take a look at both before you decide on a purchase.