Need Some Advice On My Ls400

Tmcclish11

I have a 1991 Ls400 with air suspension. I want to lower the car at least 1.5 to 2 inches. The two options that I have came up with is : 1) there is a height moduale where you can adjust the height of your car but I don't know too much about the product . It is on Lextreme.com under performence products. 2) Just lowering the car the old fashioned way with top quality eibach springs.

Please help me out and give me some advice on how I should go about doing this.

Thanks , God Bless

How is your air suspension now? Is it giving you any problems yet?

If it were my car, I would swap out the air suspension for regular gas struts....go with the springs. Your air ride is going to go bad sooner or later, so if you plan on playing with your suspension you might as well take care of it now.

I would love to have air suspension but the cost of replacing it sickens me.

You can not just get any suspension replacement. You gotta get the Air Suspension Conversion kit. If you want to be lowered too. That is a special order kit.

How is your air suspension now? Is it giving you any problems yet?

If it were my car, I would swap out the air suspension for regular gas struts....go with the springs. Your air ride is going to go bad sooner or later, so if you plan on playing with your suspension you might as well take care of it now.

I would love to have air suspension but the cost of replacing it sickens me.

Since you have AS you'll need to replace the entire AS strut assembly.  I would say just buy a set of coilovers.  This way you can keep it at roughly stock ride height or you can lower it if you want.

Great advice. Adjustables is how you want to go, it gives you much more flexibility.

If you do a search on the net there are many place sell coilovers and they specifically stated "exclude Air Suspension" That mean the system doesnt work on Air Suspension equiped LS400. The AS rides have different brackets. The standard suspension can not just bolt onto the AS equiped LS400.

I have talked to Strutmasters tech and from my personal experience they are different.

david