When Bulbs Go Bad.

steviej

Recently I noticed that the DRLs were starting to look really sad/tired and the illumination achieved on high was not what I was used to.

I pulled the two 9005 PIAA Xtreme White bulds that have been in there for 2 years now. The DRLs are on all the time and I use alot of back roads and country roads so my highs get a fair amount of playing time. I guess I got my money's worth on these bulbs.

Here is what I found.

gallery_688_27_1100985391.jpg

They are not blown, they are just all sooty inside and kinda look pregnant.

They have been replaced with Sylvania Silverstars. Lets see how long they go for at half the price.

steviej

Recently I noticed that the DRLs were starting to look really sad/tired and the illumination achieved on high was not what I was used to.

I pulled the two 9005 PIAA Xtreme White bulds that have been in there for 2 years now. The DRLs are on all the time and I use alot of back roads and country roads so my highs get a fair amount of playing time.

I guess I got my moneys worth on these bulbs.

Here is what I found. They are not blown, they are just all sooty inside and kinda look pregnant.

They have been replaced with Sylvania Silverstars. Lets see how long they go for at half the price.

steviej

When I took my OEM high beam bulbs out, there was gooey brackish coating on the inside of the bulbs. I also put in Silver Stars.

Mine didn't heve the pregnant bubbles though, and there was also some yellow goo in with the black goo.