Check Enginer Light

forswami

:ph34r: I had 93 LS400 in for a smog check, it failed due to reason the check engine light was not working, I opened the cluster, but do not which blub it might be to repalce. Does anyone know which each blub is for and where i can find the blub, or is there a another problem.

Thanks for all the ffedback :cheers:

So you've got the cluster and trim for the cluster...both have bulbs. I can't remember what contains the check engine bulb..I think it's the cluster. Either way you'll want to check them all, fortunately this is simple. Just remove each bulb and look to see if the filament is in place. If the filament is broken then the bulb is broken. Sylvania 2721 instrument cluster bulbs will work as a replacement bulb. The stock bulbs DO come out of the blue/black/grey holders and you can pop a new bulb in. Simple.

• 4 months later...

:cheers: Hi

I am new . I have same problem which check engine light not turn on , so could you please show me where shoud i start to open up the dash and install new bulb in .

Thanks a million

So you've got the cluster and trim for the cluster...both have bulbs.  I can't remember what contains the check engine bulb..I think it's the cluster.  Either way you'll want to check them all, fortunately this is simple.  Just remove each bulb and look to see if the filament is in place.  If the filament is broken then the bulb is broken.  Sylvania 2721 instrument cluster bulbs will work as a replacement bulb.  The stock bulbs DO come out of the blue/black/grey holders and you can pop a new bulb in.  Simple.