Malfunctioning Antenna

regulator23

I have read many many postings about fixing the antenna. Could someone give me an easy answer. I know how to remove the entire thing out but I do not think that it is necessary. I have read many postings telling me to hold down the FM button when turning key on. One posting said to have someone ready to catch antenna.

Does the nut at the bottom of the antenna need to be off before it will pop out?

Help...

• 1 month later...
I have read many many postings about fixing the antenna.  Could someone give me an easy answer.  I know how to remove the entire thing out but I do not think that it is necessary. I  have read many postings telling me to hold down the FM button when turning key on.  One posting said to have someone ready to catch antenna.

Does the nut at the bottom of the antenna need to be off before it will pop out?

Help...

Thanks for the reply. I got it out and actually had to pull it out and take the entire mechanism apart to remove a broken piece of the plastic gear. I did regrease the unit and clean it up and low and behold it worked fine.