Snow Driving

:o

I've heard bad things about RWD and driving in the snow. I've also heard of solutions such as:

- Adding weight to the rear with sandbags

- Drive with a full tank of gas for additional weight

- Snow tires/studded tires, etc.

- Traction control off when driving

Is there anyone out there with a 93-97' GS300 that have tried these solutions and have worked one way or the other.

The manufacturers door label on my 93' GS model shows a balanced GVW of around 2400lbs for the front and rear = 4800lbs. I would assume it should drive okay during the winter since the car is balance front/rear.

Any comments?

Turning the traction control off for better traction seems counterintuitive...I'd have to have a substantial reason to believe and try that one.

I too suggest keeping the TCS on, seeing as when its raining and i take it off, the car gets sideways any time i try to turn, and bringing back a 3000+ pound car from a full out drift isnt the easist thing to do :D

4 snow tires & a full tank of gas should help quite a bit leave the sand bags at home & leave the traction control on. If the weather is that horrendous outside & it's not an emergency, stay home. B)

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
Turning the traction control off for better traction seems counterintuitive...I'd have to have a substantial reason to believe and try that one.

I too suggest keeping the TCS on, seeing as when its raining and i take it off, the car gets sideways any time i try to turn, and bringing back a 3000+ pound car from a full out drift isnt the easist thing to do :D

I would be scared as hell....to drift a $40,000 vehicle...specially in the rain. I have tooken Traction Control off a few times and pushing it to the limits but all I got was some wheel spin and the back of my car getting a little sideways. Even do it seems very fun...but scared to mess up the car....Also one of my tires had gone flat...I went to the dealership they said it would cost $200 for 1 new tire...and went to some other place that had the same tire same company same size for $25!!!

I know that was way off subject....but ya I wouldnt recomend taking of Traction Control especially in the snow. Because that will cause even more wheel spin and less traction.