Ls 400 , 1995- Couple Questions

HI to everyone, I just got my 95' LS 400, black on black leather. Well , I'm in love .:cheers: . Glad to be a member of this forum also!

But I got a few questions also, HELP, PLEASE !!!

:cries:

-- Sound in whole passenger side (front and rear) disappearing after 5-10 min of driving, sometimes it's comming back after turning Stereo OFF/ON , sometimes it doesn't until next morning start up. I'm thinking it

can be wire conections on amplifier or Stereo. What do U think?

--Cant find the amplirier! - where is IT?,

-- Found 2 switches below stearing weel on a dash close to the pedals ,one is a small metal toggle switch, another -2 position black button --- what is that for?,

-- Something is missing in a trunk , - empty console at upper part, passenger side . ( my CD changer is front mounted.)

-- Seat warmers-are not working- its almost winter outside, What to check ?

I'll be very pleased to see any suggestions . Thanks!

Welcome! ;)

The amp is under your passenger's seat. One of the switches you are refering to by your feet will turn the beeping on/off for the remote entry system.

I think you are looking at the storage cubby for the missing tool kit on the pass side of your trunk. ;)

:cheers:

Welcome! ;)

The amp is under your passenger's seat. One of the switches you are refering to by your feet will turn the beeping on/off for the remote entry system.

I think you are looking at the storage cubby for the missing tool kit on the pass side of your trunk. ;)

Thanks a lot,

The amp is under your passenger's seat.--- which one -(front or rear)? ,

i'm not sure on a 95, but on my 92, the passenger side compartment in the trunk holds the FIRST AID KIT... where the driverside has all the tools needed.

Sorry, can't help you with the amps <_< .

Would you be able to describe the toggle switch :huh: ? On my car, close to the fuse box, i have a circular tube that i can rotate, that is for my radar... when i got the car, it came with it. I'm not sure if that is what your describing. The black switch that has two position near your emergency brake release is for remote entry. Again, i'm not sure if your asking for that switch too.

Well good luck and you will find a lot of help on this forum B)

The black button is for the alarm chirp. ;) Not sure about the other ones.

The seat does need to come out for the amp to be removed easily. To remove the seat...there are 4 bolts on the seat, one for the seat belt, and the connector for the power seat has to be unplugged, and the entire seat will come right out...not sure about the amp removal procedure though.

KC, the first aid kit is in a drawer under the driver's seat for '95. The only thing in our trunks are the tools (cd's are in the second glove box). ;)

hmmmm that is a better place to put the First Aid Kit. Better than my 92. I have to get out of the car n run to the back n pop the hood. Horrible if the snow is up to your belly button n you need to get the first aid kit (believe me, that scenario happened to me) stepping out was not a happy experience :P .

ONe of the picture is for people to run diagnostics on your car. I'm assuming if there is a check engine light or whatever other problems in your car, they can connect a device in there and it will download the info to a computer and it will display what might be wrong. I've never seen it being used, so i cna't personally confirm it. But i do know that is a place where they run diagnostics.

As for the others... i'm not sure... good question. I don't have them on my car... or at least i haven't noticed them.

Do you know if your car has a radar system installed? Perhaps thats what the metal toggle is for. What happens when you switch it on? any lights go on? Any sounds? Did the person you bought it from install anything in it?

hi gennady, here is the simple test to find out what yyou need to change, when the sound is done put the vol to the max while listening to the blank tape and check if you have any hissing from the speakers, if you do then its your headunit, if you dont then its your amp. both are replaceble and fixable.

the other swicht that you got is some custom stuff, prolly antitheft or smth like it.

when you turn the seat heaters on, does the light on the button lights up?

if it does then you need to change the heaters inside the seat, you can use aftermarket ones and its 200$ per seat includin labor.

the first aid kit in genII ls is in the drivers seat, the empty space that you talkin about in the trunk is the place for the toolkit, you obviously missing it.

shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

oops... i appologize for that :blushing: ... i was answering someone elses question before :chairshot: ... n it so happened to b a female. I have both the ES300 n LS400 forums open. Hahaha... again sorry.

thats him:)

not her:)

yeh he prolly would not:) use the forum then:)

Thanks to everybody- special thnks to VMF- your advises are very helpfull!

:cheers:, yeh ,actualy in this life I'm a guy , - Gennadiy-Russian name , I'm 25,from Russia but live in Toronto for last 2 years . So I'm sorry if my English sometimes is not correct , :blushing: I'm trying my best

do you have hissing sound from the speakers?

there are like 4 screws holding the seat, just look one more time, it takes like 2 mins to take it out

yes, i have hissing, and i got the seat off today, u were right, it's not hard, but its tricky to get the Amp . I got it and cleaned all connections. Sound is OK for now, but i didnt drive it much today , so i have no any idea did i fix that or not. Hope i did .

Why u think this is not the amp problem (if i have hissing)?

• 1 month later...
hey Gennadiy, do you have any kind of messenger?

add me and we will discuss ur probs, you can find my messenger info if you click on my nick

I would like to bring this back up...

on mine there doesn't seem to be any hissing sounds...

simply the right side goes off... any ideas?? anyone updates on this problem?? i will check it out tommorrow and test it out... can i "reverse" the L and R cables w/o problems if it can be done to troubleshoot speakers?

Thanks