Cd Will Not Play Disc In Cartridge Slot 1

hammer008

After searching the numerous posts, i am still unable to solve this.

The CD changer will play the discs in slot 2,3,4,5,6 but not 1. It will display the good ol' "err". If I take the disc from slot 1 and put in slot 2,3,4,5, or 6 it works fine. Do you think it is just a bad cartridge?

This only happened recently after installing a new Yellow Optima battery that SK loves so much.

It could be a bad cartridge, or misalignment in the changer when trying to feed the CD.......but if you know somebody that uses the same type of cartridge, I would try that first, before investing in a new one. Did you by any chance try to feed a homemade CD with a paper label? These CD's can also screw up the mechanism.

It could be a bad cartridge, or misalignment in the changer when trying to feed the CD.......but if you know somebody that uses the same type of cartridge, I would try that first, before investing in a new one. Did you by any chance try to feed a homemade CD with a paper label? These CD's can also screw up the mechanism.

No paper labels. All 6 were working fine with my 8 year old factory battery but as soon as I changed to Yellow Optima batttery the first CD does not work. Very strange. Also it did get a bit chilly these days. I wonder if that affects anything.

Furthermore, I have washed the cartridge...it had alot of "green" crap that looks like the statue of liberty (oxidized copper?) at the ends. Will see if cleaning works tommorow.

Does anyone know how to reset the CD changer. Perhaps when I was hooking up the battery the CD changer did not "boot" correctly.

Does anyone know how to reset the CD changer. Perhaps when I was hooking up the battery the CD changer did not "boot" correctly.

That's news to me......I've never heard of having to reboot a CD changer. :blink:

HOLLY SMOLLY...I just cleaned the cartridge with hot water and now it works perfectly!!It appears that dust and crap were causing friction for tray 1 to open and close. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

So my Lexus is perfect again...thanks for the hint that it might be the cartridge...saved myself $500 (was thinking about buy a new changer) wooohoooo!. :D

PS...Also I found out that it was the old battery that was causing ticks/skips. After installing the new battery recommended by SK, not only is my lexus smoother ride but also the CD changer actually "spits" out the cartridge like it should and the sound is much louder and beefy. :P