Voice Activated Navigation Problems

nicoff

I am having a very hard time having the voice activated system to recognize my commands. I tell it one thing and it does another 3 out of 4 times.

Is there a learning mode for the system to recognize your voice?

Are any of you having problems with it? TIA

system is a joke....i gave up on it after one day

permash,

Thanks for the input. Your feelings reflect mine exactly. I is hard to believe that a $70k vehicle comes with such a junky navi system.

Just yesterday I had to travel to MD and the navi system chose to take me through the middle of downtown DC with literally dozens of stop lights! Needless to say the timing was way of! (My wife did the same trip using another navi system and, appropriately, took her around the beltway).

I have a stand alone Garmin 2620 that I am considering carrying with me to use instead of the piece of junk that Toyota puts in these vehicles. I do not know who makes Toyota's Navi system, but you can tell that Toyota certainly went the cheap route on these navi systems and it shows! Toyota should be ashame of letting these luxury vehicles out the dood with such crappy systems.

I hate to say but the voice control on my 2004 LX470 is the worst. It always seems to want to turn the POI settings instead of what I want to do. After a few weeks, I simply stopped using it. It has no training available which was a mistake as it needs it badly.

I think that Lexus jumped the gun on the voice control and night vision. I would have rather had a factory installed satalite radio. I hate the idea of a $10 snotty nose kid doing it know.

I hate to say but the voice control on my 2004 LX470 is the worst. It always seems to want to turn the POI settings instead of what I want to do. After a few weeks, I simply stopped using it. It has no training available which was a mistake as it needs it badly.

I agree with you 100%.

FWIW, I test-drove an Acura RL recently and its navi system is a charm. A fully integrated navi/audio/climate/phone that actually works and does as you say. Quite impressive. Add to that full bluetooh capabilities and real traffic updates and you have a true winner.

Hear me out Toyota, I am waiting out for the new body style of the LX/LC, but despite having owned three of these babies in a row, I will NOT upgrade to the new body stile until they fix their crappy navi system.