Rx330 2004

kh046

I've been having a lot of problems with my struts of my RX330. I keep hearing these popping noises when I pull out of my driveway, over bumps, dips, etc. I've taken it in half a dozen times regarding the same problem. This last time, the dealership was able to determine that it had a TSB on it. However, two weeks after fixing it according to the TSB, the popping noise came back. This week I took it in again; had a tech drive with me to hear the noise. To his conclusion; after explaining that maybe all lexus' aren't made the same and that some parts may be to the millimeter off, and it will make that noise. After all his explanations, basically, the message I concluded from the tech that drove from me was that I was pretty much stuck with my car and noise. The only thing that they can do is lube the parts again and again. Eventually, the noise will come back.

I've actually driven many of their RX330 loaners, and have not heard any noise from those particular cars. The service person that I deal with is very honest and curteous. Howeve, this tech guy that drove with me gave me the run around. Any advices if this last fix did not resolve it? :cries:

Are those popping sounds like water dropping sounds sometimes? I have those sounds when I drive over bumps or bumpy roads. I believe they are from the front passenger seat. To be more specific, I think they are from the wires under the seat. I have not talked to dealer about it. Let me know if you find out anything.

I've been having a lot of problems with my struts of my RX330.  I keep hearing these popping noises when I pull out of my driveway, over bumps, dips, etc.  I've taken it in half a dozen times regarding the same problem.  This last time, the dealership was able to determine that it had a TSB on it.  However, two weeks after fixing it according to the TSB, the popping noise came back.  This week I took it in again; had a tech drive with me to hear the noise.  To his conclusion; after explaining that maybe all lexus' aren't made the same and that some parts may be to the millimeter off, and it will make that noise.  After all his explanations, basically, the message I concluded from the tech that drove from me was that I was pretty much stuck with my car and noise.  The only thing that they can do is lube the parts again and again.  Eventually, the noise will come back.

I've actually driven many of their RX330 loaners, and have not heard any noise from those particular cars.  The service person that I deal with is very honest and curteous.  Howeve, this tech guy that drove with me gave me the run around.  Any advices if this last fix did not resolve it?  :cries:

I too have this "popping" sound. The sound is apperant when the car flexes. The dealership also applied the TSB for the front struts, but soon after driving away from the dealeship, the "poping" noise re-appeared. The sound is liken to when you "flick" the edges of 2 credit cards against each other.

I'm thinking about taking the vehicle to another dealership. I initially thought this noise is related to the "dash rattle" but it is totally different. I also have the dash rattle noise, but this "popping" sound is more pronounced and noticable.

My popping noise came right back after bringing it from the dealership. My invoice states that they took it out for a test drive and that no "apparent" noise was found.

I am not convinced. The next closest dealership is about 150 miles away both north and south of me. I am thinking of trying to contact corporate lexus. I don't know if that will help. However, lexus needs to make sure that they stand behind their product. They can't be telling customers run around stories about getting a sour apple. Come on. This is a $40k+ vehicle.

My popping noise came right back after bringing it from the dealership.  My invoice states that they took it out for a test drive and that no "apparent" noise was found. 

I am not convinced.  The next closest dealership is about 150 miles away both north and south of me.  I am thinking of trying to contact corporate lexus.  I don't know if that will help.  However, lexus needs to make sure that they stand behind their product.  They can't be telling customers run around stories about getting a sour apple.  Come on.  This is a $40k+ vehicle.

I emailed Lexus corporate several months ago regarding the dash rattle and the "popping" sound and they recommended that "I contact my local dealership" to fix the problem.

This is our 1st Lexus and probably our last. I'm not putting down the brand or corporation and I've had great luck with Toyota's, but like you stated above, this is a $40K+ vehicle, and these types of annoying noises are very distracting.

JL