Broken Drivers Side Door Lock :.(

Well its been a while now and ive finally gotten sick of pressing the spring down on the drivers side control panel to lock my doors haha.

The clamps that the original button is supposed to snap into have just worn away over the years i guess.

Does anyone know a good way to fix the broken plastic clamps?

If not, if i get the replacement part, is this a project that i can get into trouble with?

Thanks a lot

Chris

I'm not certain that I understand what spring everyone is talking about, but I assume its the interior power door lock switch. If I'm correct about that, its not a big deal to wrap a screw driver with tape (to prevent scratching the panels) and pop out the entire panel with all of the power window switches in it. The switch itself can be unplugged from its wiring harness and the switch removed from the panel. Just order a new switch from Lexus, or take the old switch to a junk yard where they'll allow you to wander and check the wrecks for the parts you want. Many of the Toyota cars use switches from the same parts bin and you should be able to find a replacement pretty easily.

I'm not certain that I understand what spring everyone is talking about, but I assume its the interior power door lock switch. If I'm correct about that, its not a big deal to wrap a screw driver with tape (to prevent scratching the panels) and pop out the entire panel with all of the power window switches in it. The switch itself can be unplugged from its wiring harness and the switch removed from the panel. Just order a new switch from Lexus, or take the old switch to a junk yard where they'll allow you to wander and check the wrecks for the parts you want. Many of the Toyota cars use switches from the same parts bin and you should be able to find a replacement pretty easily.

I dont think the wood panel covering the switches comes off like that. i think i need to take the door panel off, but im not sure if a bunch of stuff is gonna fall out of place if i do this.

Yeah i have the replacement part, ebay usually has about 2 or 3 every other week if you look a little.