Need 2 Mufflers.

I have a 1996 GS300. My 2 mufflers need replacing. The Lexus dealership wants $638 for both. Meineke wants $280 for both. Anyone replaced theirs recently and have them sitting in their garage collecting dust and want to sell them or know of a place to get some for cheap? :D Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 1996 GS300.  My 2 mufflers need replacing.  The Lexus dealership wants $638 for both.  Meineke wants $280 for both.  Anyone replaced theirs recently and have them sitting in their garage collecting dust and want to sell them?  :D  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you were really that hard up for cash, and willing to accept used ones, you could always try a place like CLICKY

It's a national network of auto salvage places and you just click on the part you want and it tells you instantly the places that have your car or part in stock, ready to go!

There were no mufflers there. Can anyone else help me out here??? :(

I have a 1996 GS300.  My 2 mufflers need replacing.  The Lexus dealership wants $638 for both.  Meineke wants $280 for both.  Anyone replaced theirs recently and have them sitting in their garage collecting dust and want to sell them?   :D   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you were really that hard up for cash, and willing to accept used ones, you could always try a place like CLICKY

It's a national network of auto salvage places and you just click on the part you want and it tells you instantly the places that have your car or part in stock, ready to go!

:whistles: Mine are just sitting, but they are attached to the whole catback assembly. I think shipping would be very expensive. Just got to midas or meineke. Or find some smaller shop thats affordable. You really don't want to cheap out the exhaust, you can lose alot of power that way!

Turbo,

Can you give me any suggestions? Please. Meineke said they would put 2 new mufflers on my car for $280. So, you think I will lose power if Meineke put on my mufflers? Give me some recommendations, please. Thanks!

:whistles: Mine are just sitting, but they are attached to the whole catback assembly. I think shipping would be very expensive. Just got to midas or meineke. Or find some smaller shop thats real cheap. You really don't want to cheap out the exhaust, you can lose alot of power that way!

I'm sure meineke would be fine. What i'm saying is you seem to be looking for a cheap solution, just be careful. An exhaust is not just a bunch of stuff thrown together. You can lose power with a bad exhaust setup, A good exhaust setup will give you a little more power increase, a bad exhaust will make you lose power. Some mufflers can be too restrictive. The gs300 has 4 mufflers total as well as a precat and main cat. If you want it to be the same as before and just as quiet, replace the 2 mufflers with oem type replacements. If you don't mind it a little louder and want a few extra hp, maybe just remove all 4 mufflers and replace with 2 new ones. Talk to meinekee and see what options they can give you. Maybe check a few other exhaust shops as well and get some ideas. Also when you get it into the shop have them check the main cat. My 93 was clogged up and shot, They replaced it with a newer free flowing cat and it has helped performance quite a bit. :D

Turbo,

4 Mufflers? :o I thought my car had only 2 mufflers? :huh: It is a 1996 GS300.

I bought a used stock axle back from a guy on Ebay and the shipping was only $24.  I won the auction for $1 so I only have $25 in the whole thing. (Just in case I ever need one)  :lol:

OH!  OK.  Thanks, for the info.  So, you don't think there would be a problem if I got 2 mufflers from Meineke?
YES, 4 mufflers! 2 in rear and 2 more in the mid. How do you think they keep the car so quiet, hmmm!  :lol:

They're probably ok, if they have stuff that really fits the car and don't do a "shade tree" hack job on it. I'd sure check that out too.

Thanks, guys, I will make sure, but I sure wish I could purchase the OEM mufflers right now. :cries:

OH!  OK.  Thanks, for the info.  So, you don't think there would be a problem if I got 2 mufflers from Meineke?
YES, 4 mufflers! 2 in rear and 2 more in the mid. How do you think they keep the car so quiet, hmmm!  :lol:

They're probably ok, if they have stuff that really fits the car and don't do a "shade tree" hack job on it. I'd sure check that out too.