Camshaft sensor issue

I pulled my car out of the garage and turned it off. When I tried to restart I got a check VSC system on the dash and when I checked for codes I had several P0335, PO340, PO345, PO365 and PO390 and it will not start. Starter does not even engage.  Any ideas on what is happening to my car with 200,000 miles?  Ran great before this issue. This is a 2008 LS460 with maintenance kept up

Edited by JohnBros

50 minutes ago, JohnBros said:

I pulled my car out of the garage and turned it off. When I tried to restart I got a check VSC system on the dash and when I checked for codes I had several P0335, PO340, PO345, PO365 and PO390 and it will not start. Starter does not even engage.  Any ideas on what is happening to my car with 200,000 miles?  Ran great before this issue. This is a 2008 LS460 with maintenance kept up

Copilot
Sent by Copilot:

It sounds like your 2008 LS460 is experiencing a significant issue, especially with those error codes and the “Check VSC System” warning. Here are some potential causes and steps you can take:

1. Battery Issues: A weak or failing battery can cause multiple error codes and prevent the starter from engaging. Even if the battery seems fine, it might not have enough power to start the engine. Consider testing the battery or replacing it if it’s old.

2. Crankshaft Position Sensor (P0335): This sensor is crucial for engine timing. If it’s faulty, the engine won’t start. The same goes for the camshaft position sensors (P0340, P0345, P0365, P0390). These sensors help the engine control unit (ECU) determine the position of the camshaft and crankshaft, which is essential for proper engine operation.

3. Wiring or Connector Issues: Check the wiring and connectors related to these sensors. Corroded or loose connections can cause these error codes and prevent the car from starting.

4. ECU Problems: Although less common, a malfunctioning ECU can cause multiple sensor errors and starting issues. If other solutions don’t work, you might need to have the ECU checked by a professional.

5. Starter Motor: Since the starter isn’t engaging, it could be a problem with the starter motor itself or the related circuitry. Ensure the starter motor is receiving power and functioning correctly.

Given the complexity of these issues, it might be best to have your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic who can perform a thorough diagnostic. They can pinpoint the exact cause and recommend the appropriate repairs.

Thanks. I was aware of the camshaft position sensor codes but didn’t focus on the crankshaft. I am now concerned it is a broken timing chain. And that the cpu senses this and is preventing the starter from engaging. But the VSC code is a mystery. Thanks for your quick response and sharing your expertise