Passenger Door Cannot Open

tomtom

• 1 month later...
A few more details would be helpfull  What is it doing? Any noises? Remote work on driver's door? Can you open it from inside?

I'm having the same problem. I can open it from inside, but not the outside. Do you know what part I need to buy........or maybe a rod or something is simply disconnected? what do u think? here's a link with some parts i may need...

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...t=2&catalogid=2

Rod from the door locking mechanism became unhooked.Take off door panel and u will see a metal rod not hooked up.I fixed mine a while ago but my driverside door was missin the rod so i had to buy a door locking mechanism.I installed it today and my door works

i bought it off someone who had a wrecked sc.

they cost $369 from the dealer and wont sell the rod alone

same problem...except driver side so it sucks need to be fixed now!

only opens from inside not outside....mecahnic says i need new lock actuator....will this fix it or is he wrong and i need a whole new mechanism

b/c the lock actuator is 208 bucks that i dont want to shell out if it is not going to fix the problem

sorry for jacking your thread but im so *BLEEP*ed at this problem

I have the same problem and found that there is a small plactic clip that holds the rod in the door handle mechanism. Haven't been able to find the clip. I have read that a wire nut will work. If you're lucky the rod popped out of the clip, mine broke.