Rail Air Bag Sensor Crushed

I was in a no fault accident where my Lexus was hit by a reversing car (going approx 6 mph) while I was driving approx 22 mph. You'd be surprised of the damage but that is criteria to my question in this forum.
-Front bumper holding the Rail Air Bag Sensor was crushed and pushed back into the front frame. Dealership will need to take out engine/hybrid system to replace and Sodder the rail back to the frame. Then reinstall engine/hybrid system, reprogram all specs and do the other necessary repairs. They ensure all factory parts will be used and put back just like it was assembled at the plant.
-I am very concerned that this is such an involved and intricate process that I will endure future problems with (computer sensors, dash lights, hybrid system, extended warranty). This will all be taken apart and put back together, resale value of this vehicle has greatly diminished and my extended warranty may/may not be voided.
-I realize this model had a recall and I am unaware if the recall was ever addressed during any previous maintenance but no Air Bag light was ever illuminated in the car.
-I have voiced my opinion to the Insurance Agent that I want them to total this car.
Should I be this concerned? Have I missed anything that I should be aware of?

Disclaimer to the naysayer: I'm not trying to just "get a new car", I can buy a new car regardless....I just don't wish to keep a car that has had this kind of damage and will not be able to resell in the future if its turns into a P.O.S.

Does your dealership have its own body shop? I've taken ours to a Toyota Collision Center, a couple of times and they've always done an excellent job. Also, I don't think that you can demand that your vehicle be totaled by your insurance agency. 

My guess is that once the vehicle is put back together correctly, then thoroughly tested, there should not be "ghost" issues that randomly appear, later on.

Of course, your ending up with a repaired and painted vehicle that is worth less is a common concern of accident victims. I'm not sure if there is a way around it.